The Pre-Cursillo Committee is in charge of:
• Selecting the candidates.
• Assisting the Rector and Rectora in Core team selection.
• Preparing for the Cursillo by coordinating all the spiritual, personal and material elements involved.
• Preparing the Cursillo community on how to sponsor.
The Pre-Cursillo Committee is looking for seasoned and young cursillistas to help them. They need people willing to meet once a month to assist in candidate selection and preparing response letters for both the sponsors and the candidates. Click here for Sponsor Guidelines Click here for Sponsor Checklist Click here for Cursillo and Sponsor Registration forms You may open these documents using Adobe Reader, print them out, complete, and mail the forms to:
1822 Loreto Glen
Escondido, CA 92027
Nieves Garcia -
The Cursillo Committee is responsible for anything to do with the Cursillo weekend, including:
• Arranging the dates and places where the weekend will be.
• Keeping track of supplies used on the weekend.
• Being available to the team for guidance and support.
The weekend needs alot of preparation that takes place well in advance of the weekend. The reservations for Whispering Winds need to be made a year in advance! This committee requires enthusiastic Cursillistas who wish to keep the Cursillo weekend running smoothly for all the new Cursillistas.
FOURTH DAY OR POST CURSILLO COMMITTEE
The Fourth Day Committee is responsible for any post cursillo events including:
• Grand Ultreyas (Where, When and How).
• Fourth Day Celebration (Where, When and How).
• Picnics (Where, When and How).
The Fourth Day Committee is always looking for members that enjoy getting people together. They coordinate the special celebrations that makes Cursillo the community that it is. Without these reunions, Cursillo would just be another fun weekend and easily forgotten. If you are up to the challenge, there is always room for more people on this great committee.
The Communication Committee is responsible for all hard copy and Internet communications. This includes:
• The Gallina Gazette, a newsletter that follows the Cursillo weekends twice a year.
• Cursillo Digest, a monthly email that includes prayer requests, special announcements and reminders of Cursillo events. Click on the 'Sign up for our Email Newsletter' link to subscribe.
• San Diego Cursillo web site, valuable information about Cursillo and the movement's activities throughout the Diocese of San Diego.
Please send news from your Ulterya, items of personal witness or web site inquires, to the Communications Chair.
Our Secretariat is a group of volunteers who commit their time and talent to our Movement. They oversee and coordinate the efforts of each committee listed above. Any Cursillista is welcome to join our meetings on the 2nd Monday of each month. Please contact the following.